Where do we begin?
If your WordPress website has been hacked there are a number of things to check:
- Where are all the infected files?
- Have your email accounts been compromised?
- Is your server IP or domain name blacklisted?
- Has Google added a warning label to your indexes or perhaps removed your site?
- How secure is your server and user base?
- Do you have an SSL certificate?
All these questions help us assess the type of entry that was made, how bad the damage is and what measures to take to prevent it from happening again.
What’s it going to cost?
Most times, it’s a simple disinfection and an upgrade on your security which goes for $100 but in some cases, where data is lost and needs to be recovered from a backup or an online archive, the costs will depend on how much of your data was lost and how hard it is to retrieve. In such a case, the scope of work will be unique for your website and therefore require a custom quote.
As a standard practice, the following components are included in our service:
- Removal All Malware
- Secure File Permissions
- WordPress Firewall
- Install Automatic Backup System
- Force Secure Passwords
- Request Google Webmasters Review
Is there a warranty?
The only guarantee we can make is that the site will be cleaned and secured to the latest standards that are published on WordPress.org above and beyond that we cannot offer a warranty because the standards change often. If you really want long-lasting protection we highly recommend a managed WordPress web host that will take care of your ongoing upgrades. The truth is, 99% of the attacks on WordPress are on websites that are not up-to-date.